Unwanted Products-(Not applicable to electronic items including handsets and IOT products.)
Should you want to return a non-defective product, you may do so within the 7-day cooling off period for an exchange or refund, provided:
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- it is not listed in section 2 – Products not eligible for return; and
- you log a return on the Website within 7 daysof delivery to you of the unwanted product.
The item will be collected from you. Our courier is entitled to refuse collection if the items are not properly packaged for transport.
Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will refund you with the purchase price of the product less courier fees to return the product, within 8 days of the return. Please bear in mind that refunds can take 5 – 10 working days to reflect in your account. We are entitled to refuse a return if the unwanted product is returned damaged, not in a re-saleable condition or missing any accessories.
We reserve the right to inspect the product to validate your return.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you please do not open the product, remove it from it’s original packaging or use it in any way. Please notify us immediately and we will collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will either deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product you purchased within 8 days of the return.
Any product that has been incorrectly delivered remains the property of Ultimate Connection until otherwise specified. We reserve the right to reject the return if not received in it’s original sales condition.
Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us of such delivery / collection by logging a return on the Website and uploading pictures of the damage.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will, at your choice, replace the product as soon as possible (if replacement is possible) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product.(Credits and refunds are normally handled within 14 days of logging the return (bear in mind that refunds can take 5-10 working days to reflect in your account).
Products not eligible for returns
The following products are not eligible for a refund or exchange:
- Cell phones
- Sim Cards
- Smart Watches
- Other electronic Items; or
- products which have been personalised for you or made to your specifications, unless defective.
Warranty on electronic items All smart devices (Phone, tablets, smart watches, laptops etc) carry either a 12 month or 24-month warranty as specified on the website description and/ or packaging of the product. Apple iPhones and all routers generally carry a 12 month warranty and other cell phones carry a 24 month warranty.
This warranty is honoured on all Vodacom/Ultimate connection sold devices either on contract, upgrade or as a once off cash sale.
Please refer to the Manufacturer User Guide for additional information regarding warranty terms and conditions. It is advisable to keep this Guide in a safe place.
1. Out of Box Failure (OBF)
- this applies only to new handsets which are defective when first switched on.
- These devices have to be returned within 7 days from the date of delivery.
- You will need your proof of purchase ie the invoice.
- The device should be returned with the original packaging and all contents intact. (Accessories, Device, Manual, Original Charger etc.)
- There should be no signs of neglect such as physical damange, dents, scratches, marks or liquid damage etc on the device or accessories.
- You will be held liable for any damages caused to the device and its original accessories while in your possession.
- The IMEI number on the packaging must match the IMEI on the device.
Failure to comply with the above, the device will not be assessed, and the device will be treated as a repair. Therefore, an OBF will not be issued.
2. OBF Process
- Once an OBF is logged, we will arrange collection if the device. Any non- compliance with process for collection or delay on your part which causes the OBF period to lapse, will result in the device being treated as a repair.
- The device will be assessed, tested and a fault report will be issued.
- Once a fault description has been submitted, Ultimate Connection may reject the OBF if the fault has not met the requirements for OBF.
- If the OBF fault has been approved and processed, the unit will be replaced within 72 hours or depending on stock availability.
3. Defective Devices
- For all cellular or Wi-Fi connecting devices , i.e, cellphones, tablets, Tvs, laptops, smart watches and other OIT products, inserting a SIM card, logging onto a cellular network as well as connecting to a Wi-Fi network is regarded as the product being used.
- Before any approvals for a return request can be granted , the manufacturer (warranty provider) or service provider (Vodacom) will inspect the product you wish to return, or we will collect the product from you so that it can be sent to accredited Manufacture inspection agent – this process takes 14-21 working days.
- Should the device be found to be defective- excluding physical, negligent or liquid damage, the device will be repaired free of charge or replaced at the sole discretion of the Manufacture if the device is within the warranty period.
- If the product is not found to be defective or if the fault is caused by means other than the terms of warranty set out by the manufacturer, you will NOT be entitled to any refund, or free replacement or repair, and you will be liable for the costs incurred for having such a product collected from and returned back to you.
Products that have been returned damaged, neglected, scratched, modified will not be accepted and therefore will be sent back to the customer and costs incurred for collection and return will be charged to the customer. If a refund is approved for a product but the product has not been returned in its original packaging, the refund will be processed with less depreciation to cover any damages or losses.
We reserve the right to refuse a return or an exchange if products are not returned in its original, saleable condition.
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories that were sold with that product, we are entitled (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
If you return a product that does not comply with this policy, you may be liable to reimburse Ultimate Connection for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.